When my children were small I made a lot of their clothes, and I especially enjoyed traditional smocking, so I decided to make a smocked dress for my granddaughter. I scoured the internet for a suitable pattern, and then took a trip into town to buy everything I needed. I hadn’t done smocking or dressmaking for a long time, so I had a few false starts when I was making the dress, which was all very frustrating. However, I was delighted with the result.
Here is the front of the dress when I had finished the smocking.
Stitching the front of the dress to the yoke took me three attempts (!) because of the piping detail – very fiddly!
Here is a view of the finished dress.
And a close-up of the smocking…
And here is my granddaughter modelling the dress. 🙂
The back view